- BS supposed to get $13,951 per year plus $559 a month for expenses
- All legislators eligible for Per Diem Pay ($104/day + $0.29/mile) ON TOP of yearly salary and monthly allowances
- BS has stated that he “would never take anything over his salary”
- Steinburg collected per diem for January 17 ($104) and per diem / travel ($104 / $80.28) for January 18. The official calendar showed the only business for those days were committee meetings that were cancelled.
- In February 2018, he claimed per diem pay for 22 days, with only 10 actual verifiable work days.
- In February 2017, the Legislative calendar only had 15 days with scheduled business. BS took per diem pay for 22 days.
- According to Official Records: BS (in 6 years in Raleigh) has taken $102,036.58 in per diem and mileage pay
- That’s about $17,000 over his yearly salary that he claims he doesn’t take
- Frequently takes per diem pay for a full 7 day week
- Frequently takes per diem pay when legislators are not in session
Monkey Business Report: NCGA Per Diem Edition
According to official records, Steinburg — in his six years in Raleigh — has collected $102,036.58 in per diem and mileage. That’s a yearly average of $17,006 above and beyond his $13,951 salary and $559 per month “expense” allowance.